Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beautiful Heartbreak

I had a friend ask me this weekend if finding out that I couldn't have my own children was the hardest thing to go through.  I told her no, it wasn't the hardest thing.  Yes, going through the whole process of infertility was hard (I would be lying if I said it was easy), but it wasn't the hardest thing.  From the moment we got the call about my latest test result, we did grieve alittle, but the next thought was "Ok, lets start the adoption process and start a family", then we went to dinner at Pei Wei (we had our priorities straight, right? :) ).  

At Time Out For Women this past weekend, Hilary Weeks performed a number of songs from one of her albums.  One of the songs was "Beautiful Heartbreak".  I've been thinking a lot about that song from this weekend and realized, being infertile is my Beautiful Heartbreak.  If I was to get pregnant on my own, I wouldn't have my sweet Alex as my son.  I know I would have other sweet children, but Alex was meant for our family and I wouldn't change my infertility for anything!  I love my sweet, full of energy (lots of it), little red headed boy!   

Here is the video to the song "Beautiful Hearbreak"

No comments: